A partial list of my recent publications.
- Ahmed, Parvez, “Mutual Funds in Emerging and Developing Markets,” forthcoming in Mutual Funds: Building Blocks for Investment Portfolios, Edited by H. Kent Baker, Greg Filbeck, and Halil Kiymaz, Oxford University Press.
- Ahmed, Parvez, “Institutional Investors and Private Equity,” in Portfolio Theory and Management, Edited by H. Kent Baker, Halil Kiymaz, and Greg Filbeck, Oxford University Press, June 2015, pages 311-329.
- Ahmed, Parvez, and Don Wiggins, “Estimating Blockage Discounts,” The Journal of Wealth Management, Winter 2014, pages 1-10.
- Ahmed, Parvez, “Corporate Governance and Ethics of Islamic Finance Institutions,” forthcoming in Journal of Islamic Economics, Banking and Finance.
- Ahmed, Parvez, and Saurabh Gupta, “Digital Designs in Civic Discourse: A Theoretical Design Perspective,” International Journal of Public Information Systems, Vol. 10, No. 1, 2014, pages 1-19.
- Ahmed, Parvez and John Adams, “The Performance of Faith-Based Funds,” Journal of Investing, Vol. 22, No. 4, 2013, pages 83-92.
- Ahmed, Parvez and Kristine Beck, “Financial Impact of Green Rankings in Newsweek,” International Research Journal of Applied Finance, Vol. IV, Issue 9, September 2013, pages 1163-1173.
- Ahmed, Parvez, “Stock Market Efficiency and Market Microstructure in Emerging Markets,” in Market Microstructure in Emerging and Developed Markets edited by H. Kent Baker and Halil Kiymaz, 2013, pages 387-406. Robert W. Kolb Series in Finance. Published by Wiley.
- Ahmed, Parvez, Oliver Schnusenberg, and Sudhir Nanda, “Can Firms Do Well While Doing Good?” Applied Financial Economics, Vol 20. Issue 11, June 2010, pages 845-860.
- Ahmed, Parvez, Kristine Beck, Sudhir Nanda, “Performance of Micro-Cap Mutual Funds,” Journal of Investment Consulting, Vol. 11, No. 1, 2010, pages. 45-49.
- Ahmed, Parvez, “Integrating Ethics in Finance Curriculum,” Independent Business Review, Vol. 2, Number 2, July 2009, pages 21- 34. [Journal ISSN 1996--3572].
- Ahmed, Parvez, “Terror in the Name of Islam – Unholy War not Jihad,” Case Western Reserve Journal of International Law, 2007‐2008 v 39 (3) pages 759‐788.
- Ahmed, Parvez, “American Muslims: Integration and Disenfranchisement,” in Changing Identities – Evolving Values Is There Still a Transatlantic Community? Esther Brimmer, ed. Center for Transatlantic Relations, John Hopkins University, 2006.
- Ahmed, Parvez, and Sudhir Nanda, “The Performance of Enhanced Index and Quantitative Funds,” Financial Review, November 2005, v 40 (5).
- Ahmed, Parvez, Kristine Beck, and Elizabeth Goldreyer, “Performance of Focus Mutual Funds,” Journal of Applied Business and Economics, 2005, v.5(1) 9‐16.
- Ahmed, Parvez, Kristine Beck, and Elizabeth Goldreyer, “Moving Average Technical Trading Strategies for Currencies of Emerging Economies,” Managerial Finance, Spring 2004, v. 31 (5).
- Ahmed, Parvez, Partha Gangopadhyay and Sudhir Nanda, “Investing in Emerging Market Mutual Funds,” Journal of Business and Economic Perspectives, Spring/Summer 2003, v. 29 (1) 5‐15.
- Ahmed, Parvez, John Gallo, Larry J. Lockwood and Sudhir Nanda, “Multi‐Style Investment Models,” The Handbook of Equity Style Management, 2003, Third Edition, T. Daniel Coggin, Frank J. Fabozzi and Robert D. Arnott, eds, (Frank J. Fabozzi Associates)
- Ahmed, Parvez, “e‐Capital Budgeting: Managing Strategic Investments in a World of Uncertainty,” in Managing Business with Electronic Commerce: Issues and Trends, Idea Group Publishing, 2002, 182‐198.
- Ahmed, Parvez, John Gardella, and Sudhir Nanda, “Wealth Effect of Drug Withdrawals on Firms and their Competitors,” Financial Management, Autumn 2002, v.31(3) 21‐41.
- Ahmed, Parvez, Larry Lockwood and Sudhir Nanda, “Benefits of Multi‐Style Rotation Strategies,” Journal of Portfolio Management, Spring 2002, v.28(3), 17‐29.
- Ahmed, Parvez, “Forecasting Correlation Among Equity Mutual Funds,” Journal of Banking and Finance, v. 26(6), 1187‐1208 June 2001.
- Ahmed, Parvez and Sudhir Nanda, “Style Investing: Incorporating Growth Characteristics in Value Stocks,” Journal of Portfolio Management, Spring 2001, v. 27(3), 47‐60.
- Ahmed, Parvez and Larry Lockwood, “Economic Conditions and Stock Pricing,” Journal of Alternative Investments, Winter 2000, v. 3(3), 47‐52.
- Ahmed, Parvez, Kristine Beck, and Elizabeth Goldreyer, “Can Moving Average Technical Trading Strategies Help In Volatile and Declining Markets? A Study of Some Emerging Asian Markets,” Managerial Finance, 2000, v. 26(6), 49‐62.
- Goldreyer, Elizabeth., Parvez Ahmed and David Diltz, “The Performance of Socially Responsible Mutual Funds,” Managerial Finance, 1999, v. 25(1), 25‐40.
- Ahmed, Parvez and Larry Lockwood, “Changes in Factor Betas and Risk Premiums Over Varying Market Conditions,” Financial Review, 1998, v. 33(3), 149‐168.
- Ahmed, Parvez and Steve Swidler, “The Relation Between the Informational Content of Implied Volatility and Arbitrage Costs: Evidence from the Oslo Stock Exchange,” International Review of Economics and Finance, 1998, v. 7(4), 465‐480.
- Swanson, Peggy and Parvez Ahmed, “Deutschemark Dominance of EMS Currencies: Evidence from Daily Spot Exchange Rates,” Global Business and Finance Review, Spring 1997, v. 2(1), 1‐12.
- Swidler, Steve and Parvez Ahmed, “Wealth Transfer and the Initial Pricing of PERCS,” Applied Economics Letters, 1994, v. 1(11), 190‐193.
- Anderson, Seth and Parvez Ahmed, “Mutual Funds – Fifty Years of Research Findings,” 2005 Springer Science and Business Media Inc.